Wednesday, March 11, 2009

*by popular demand, I give you the crockpot beef stew recipe I made on Monday and spoke about on Facebook. This is the post I wrote my guest spot on Bug's blog.


Oh my gosh...how much do I love Dancing with the Stars? There are really not enough words nor adjectives to describe my love for Dancing with the Stars. Monday was Season Eight's electrifying premiere and it did not disappoint. There were Tom Bergeron's witty one liners, lovable Bruno's sexy accent, spray tanned bodies and the perfect blend of great and awful dances.

When I woke up Monday morning my first thought was that I needed to have dinner ready to go right on time so there would be no excuse for chilrens' late baths and postponed bed times. I settled on a crock pot meal that I could make early in the day and then have my afternoon free to get any necessary chores out of the way so that after the babes went to bed I would be a woman free to indulge in her dancing fantasies. My friend Rochelle recently posted on Facebook her recipe for Crockpot Beef Stew and I give you the recipe now. However, it will from here on out be known as "Dancing with the Stars Premiere Night Crockpot Beef Stew" (I would imagine this recipe will be a good one to repeat for the equally anticipated DWTS finale.)

Dancing with the Stars Premiere Night Crockpot Beef Stew

In your crockpot, mix a 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes with one envelope of onion soup mix and 1T of "Minute" tapioca. Mix in 1t. of sugar, 1T of salt and 1/2t of pepper. Toss in 2-3 pounds of stew meat along with one chopped onion. Add 3-4 pounds of chopped potatoes and 6 chopped carrots. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 5-6 hours. Serve with a tossed salad and buttermilk biscuits. Mmm.

No comments: