Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer Lasagna

Love lasagna but don't want to heat the oven up on a hot, summer night? I made this for the fussy H-clan tonight and it was 8 thumbs up all around!

1 lb. lean ground beef or ground turkey
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 26 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce
1 2/3 c. water
1/4 c. Italian dressing
12 oven-ready lasagna noodles, broken into quarters
1 cup shredded mozzarella

Brown meat in a large saucepan, drain. Stir in garlic, sauce, water and dressing. Bring to a boil. Add noodles, stir and cover.

Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10-15 minutes or until noodles are al-dente. Stir occasionally.

Remove from heat. Stir in cheese; cover. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

FYI, I used more than a cup of cheese because we're a cheese lovin' family and like our dishes gooey. Second, I found as I "stirred occasionally" my noodles were sticking so I had to separate them a bit as they cooked.

No comments: