Thursday, July 16, 2009

NOT Pork Chop Slop

I've learned a valuable lesson in crock pot cooking: if you're using cream of chicken soup it doesn't really matter what else you're putting in it, its going to taste the same. Go ahead and send me you volatile emails telling me about your favorite cream-of-chicken-crock-pot-recipe that is sooooo good and doesn't taste like Pork Chop Slop but I doubt its going to change my mind.

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and it is exactly the same as Pork Chop Slop except there is some dijon mustard and lemon juice in it. Oh yeah, and you use chicken instead of pork chops. I omitted the carrots it called for because I didn't have any and served with noodles and steamed vegetables: zucchini straight from my not-a-square-foot garden. Rock on.

NOT Pork Chop Slop
Mix 2 cans of cream of chicken soup with 2T of lemon juice and 2T of dijon mustard. Add 2 T of minced garlic. Toss in 4 chicken breasts and 4 chopped carrots; stir to coat. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4-5. Serve over egg noodles.

1 comment:

Fruitful Labor said...

Well that almost sounds like a challenge to send you recipes that for your crock pot that have cream of chicken soup in them.