Sunday, October 11, 2009

Praying for Your Kids Monday
The Flip Side

So I don't know if I've written about this or not but I have a 3 year old living with me. And let me tell you ladies, he's every bit of 3. And I tried donating him to science but science doesn't want him so that leaves me to figure him out and pray him for him. Mostly I spend my days praying he would just leave crazy in the bottle and most days he's dumped crazy all over my kitchen floor long before 7:30 am.

And so since it appears he's not going anywhere anytime soon and won't be 4 until April I've started doing a little something Sensei Jen Roth told me about and that is praying for their "bad" habits. And maybe your kids don't have bad habits and if they don't then you can skip this week and do some canning but on the off chance you have a child that has a bad habit or two then listen up.

Jen suggests taking one of your child's "undesirable" qualities and praying that God will turn it in to a strength. For example, if you have a bossy child, pray that God will take it and transform it into godly leadership; that people will be drawn to your child and he will point them to Christ. Both of my kids are strong willed so I pray that God will take it and transform it in to an unwavering devotion to Him and that they will always be strong in their convictions.

So this week you get to formulate your own prayer but I encourage you to be bold in your asking; God loves to transform hearts. As you pray, remember this verse, "And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ, right up to the time of His return, developing that good work and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you" (Phil 1:6).

No comments: