Sunday, December 20, 2009

Praying for Your Kids Monday
A Culture of Prayer

If you have ever heard me speak publicly on the topic of Praying for Your Kids or have been reading this blog for very long you know I often say that praying for your kids helps to make your home have a culture of prayer. I was never more convinced of this than on Friday when after hearing that my Gigi had been hospitalized for chest pains I overheard Samuel saying as he colored, "Lord please help my Gigi feel better". I was moved to tears at hearing my little boy praying.

I truly believe that when our children hear us praying for them they begin to understand the power and importance of prayer and God will use them for powerful intercessory prayer.

This week's post is a short one as I have one sick husband on my hands but I just wanted to encourage you to keep up the good work--your kids are watching and God is going to use your prayers to release His power from heaven.

Father, thank You for hearing every prayer I mutter, cry, whisper and think over ___________. I pray that You will take these prayers and not only use them to see Your will be done but to increase a heart for prayer in ____________. I pray that as he grows he will long to be in an ongoing, intimate conversation with You. Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen

I am praying for your Gigi. I hope everything is ok.
I just read the Maddies story you have on here. What a great cause. Caleb was 3 pounds and spent almost a month in the NICU.

Merry CHRISTmas.
Have a great one Jen
Jenny Carpenter

Heather said...

Amen! Praying for Gigi too!
Hope the hubbs feels better soon!
Hearts and stuff!
H.

Joy for the Seasons said...

yes and amen