Monday, December 7, 2009

Praying for Your Kids Monday
Praying Scripture

I love the idea of praying God's Holy Word over my kids. One, I know it is Truth. Two, I know it is God's will for their life. As my Me n' Jesus time is becoming more regular and fruitful I'm seeing how easy it is to pray Scripture over my kids.

For example: 2 Peter 3:18 says, "But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen!" What a simple, short but awesome prayer for my kids! Who doesn't want their kids to grow in grace and knowledge of their Lord and Savior?

What are some practical ways you would like to see your kids grow in grace and knowledge of Jesus? I'd love to open the comment section up for this discussion? How are some practical ways you are praying for your kids?

Lord, I pray for ____________ to grow in the grace and knowledge of You. I pray that I will be a living example for her and that You will put people in her life to show her practical ways to grow in grace and knowledge of her Savior. Thank You for Your Holy Word that is alive and working in my family's life. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about praying for the fruits of the spirit?