Sunday, February 7, 2010

Praying for Your Kids Monday
Salvation

For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Jeff and I have been praying the same prayer for almost 4 years: that God would call Samuel to Him at an early age. Tonight, God answered our prayer and called Samuel to Him. Tonight, on February 7th, Samuel asked Jesus to be his Savior and to live in his heart!

For once, I'm speechless.

So we will continue to pray for Emily's salvation (and if you read Friday's post you know she needs it) and now we'll pray for Samuel to have a huge filling of the Holy Spirit and for him to have an early understanding and discernment of his spiritual gifts. (Tonight when I explained that the Holy Spirit now lived with him and would guide him he got the biggest smile on his face. I know he only understands a portion of what he did tonight but it is just amazing to think about the eternal consequences...).

So anyway...this week we are going to be praying for our kids' salvation. If your kids already know Jesus then pray this prayer for a neighbor or relative or maybe turn it in to a prayer of thanksgiving.

Lord, I am amazed that You gave Your only Son for ____________. I pray that she will come to know You at an early age. I pray You will draw her to You and that she will have a longing to follow You. Thank You for calling us, for loving us, for dying for us. You are a relentless Redeemer and I praise You. Amen.

No comments: