Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Submissive Chicken
This is my sister in law Jodi's recipe but she calls it Yummy Chicken. After making it the first time I changed the name because I saw amazing things in Hot Jeff: little things like oh I don't know...total submission. :) This chicken is so amazing a friend of mine made this dish to reconcile with his wife--true story.

I made this chicken tonight with no alterior motives yet while I was upstairs bathing the kids (see the picture below), Hot Jeff cleaned up dinner, loaded the dishwasher and vacuumed. LOVE it!

Below is the recipe that will change your life forever. I like to serve it with mashed taters and some sort of steamed veggie. I have written the recipe with Weight Watcher ingredients making a serving only 5 points. If you make your taters with nonfat milk and dijon mustard instead of butter you bring those points way down also. If you want Submissive Chicken to be full strength then replace all the fat free stuff with regular stuff of the same kind.

Preheat oven to 315.

In a baking dish place 4 trimmed chicken breasts. Pour over the chicken one can of 99% fat free cream of chicken soup. Dab a few pats of Brommel & Brown yogurt butter spread over each breast and soup. Sprinkle a layer of fat free cheddar cheese over the gooey love. Cover that layer with Pepperidge Farm herbed stuffing mix.

Bake uncovered for 75 minutes. Serve with taters and steamed veggies (preferably steamed green beans sauteed in garlic). Then...watch your family's eyes glaze over with adoration and prepare to have your husband do your bidding.

Seriously? Does anyone ever get tired of looking at Roo with food all over her face? How cute is she? And while I do recommend mashed taters...I don't recommend eating them with your fingers and I don't recommend peek-a-boo if you do.

No comments: