Friday, April 17, 2009

Samuel is wonderfully clear about what he likes and dislikes; its one of the perks of being 3. Macaroni and cheese--like. Curious George--like. Baby sister--like. Wearing clothes--not so much.

Its no so much that I have a problem with him running around naked, doesn't bother me, however, when we're at Aunt Shannon's house playing with Jackson, Kate & Claire and Samuel appears from playing upstairs with only his shirt on then we may have a problem.
In an ongoing attempt to put my kids in therapy, that night we were sitting around the living room playing and I said, "Samuel did you know that someone else lives in the couch with Alice?" He looked up at me with an excited grin. "Yes", I went on, "In the couch with Alice is a penis snapping turtle. He preys on little boys who leave their penis out and when they least expect it, SNAP, he bites their penis off".
Samuel looked at me with wild eyes. I waited for him to go running to the bathroom to retrieve his underwear and pants. He continued to just sit there, Lightning McQueen in hand and eyes firmly on my face reading my every expression, he threw his head back and laughed maniacally. "You just teasin'" he confirmed. "There no penis snapping turtle with Alice".
Hot Jeff sat on the opposing couch shaking his head; well that didn't work.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have an Alice that lives in the couch? that might need to go on the list! (it's Cary)

Jennifer said...

Alice is Samuel's imaginary friend! How classis is that?

Beth said...

You crack me up!

bestie kim said...

oh my gosh, i am dying laughing! you are a hoot! don't worry, lilly has an imaginary friend too.

Leah said...

Blow that pic up BIG and put it somewhere in your house. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! So so so so cute. Made me laugh!!!! Also, you are hilarious. I know I've said that before. But you are!!!

Dena said...

oh, i have so many of these kinds of pics of my boys when they were young, can't wait till they get girlfriends and i can finally make some use out of them. LOVE the idea to blow up the picture and hang it on the living room wall...should be right over the fireplace..a place of honor. :o)