Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Things That Make You Go "Hmm"

If you're reading this in the morning before or during breakfast like Bestie Kim I just apologize right now because I am about to ASSAULT YOUR SENSES with my latest attempt to put my kids in therapy.

Warning: The following pictures may be offensive to some. I give you Hot Dog Octopuses (or is the plural octopusi?):


Facebook friend Margaret posted these pictures on Rachel's Facebook page because Rachel is always making fun things for her kids to eat. I was so intrigued by them I had to make them for my kids. They gobbled them right up and were totally enamored by "sgetti" coming out of hotdogs. Can you blame them??

Here's how you make them: quarter a hotdog and with a toothpick poke holes all the way through the dog. Insert uncooked noodle. Boil until noodle is tender.
Tip: I only inserted 4 noodles per hotdog and thought they came out looking a little wimpy. Next time I will use more noodles even though it will make my octopus anatomically incorrect.

4 comments:

jana said...

That's awesome! I think I'll make some for JJ- adults can like fun food too, right?

bestie kim said...

you are pure genious!!!! i am totally making these fun little things!!

Dena said...

wow, just when i thought i'd seen it all. you are hilarious. not quite sure what they remind me of...don't really need to list it here. :o)

hey my word verification was ... 'cograp' like go-crap only for a dislexic person. :o)

Rafferty Family said...

Very clever! I'll have to try this!