Monday, July 20, 2009

Hey there friends. I got an email from my dear friend Janet asking me to post some information here about a friend of hers whose son has cancer. It is a horrific story and I am happy to post an excerpt from her email so that we can get as many people praying for this little baby as possible. Feel free to cut and copy her email and send to your praying friends. I hope to post updates about Tyson's condition and progress as they learn more.

With such a grateful heart for praying and caring readers... Jen

I wanted to tell you about a little boy named Tyson. He is 6 months old. On July 10th, his mother Lori (a H.S. friend of mine) took Tyson into the Dr. for his 6 months check up. At that time they discussed a hard mass in Tyson's belly that Lori thought might be from constipation. Well, in the course of that day and a trip to the ER, Tyson was then taken to Doernbecher's Pediatric Oncology Unit. He is now being treated for Hepatoblastoma that is only found in children under 4 years of age. I am told there are less than 100 cases diagnosed in the U.S. each year. Tyson is now undergoing a series of chemo treatments. The cancer tumor is found on/in his liver and at this point is believed to not have spread to other organs.

Lori and Steve tried to have a child and finally Tyson came into their world in January of this year. As you can imagine, this was something that never would have occurred to them since Tyson was born a very healthy baby boy. I am sending you this so that you can post this in your blog and please share so that others can pray for Tyson, Lori and Steve.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I am going to put this on the GBC prayer chain right away. This is every parents' fear, and I am so thankful that our God can comfort them, and that we can call upon Him for healing for Tyson and the strength to go through treatment. Love you, Jen.
Laurie

Dena said...

heart breaking. thanks for letting us know. will be praying.