Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Don't Call It a Purse

My children, the little darlings that they are, got me Tinker Bell and The Lost Treasure for Christmas. I don't know who to be more annoyed with: them because at 1 and 3 don't they know me better than that or Hot Jeff for letting them pull a stunt like that. When they left the house to go shopping for "me" I clearly said, "I like diamonds, red shoes, handbags, and fun socks". I guess they didn't hear me over all dishwashing, clothes folding, meal preparation and vacuuming I was doing.

This brings me to today where Project Make Jen's-Bedroom-Into-A-Loveshack started by Bestie Kara and finished by Bestie Shannon took me to Ross' to find the perfect over-the-bed mirror to add some depth to the room, fill a space on a large wall and to, as Hot Jeff says, bring kinky back. Yep, just went there.
You. Are. Welcome.

When I walked in my eyes beheld the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. It was hanging modestly on a rack until it felt the weight of my stare and then it began to wiggle and come alive and I'll be darned if it didn't cry out to me, "Mama. Hold me."

I simply couldn't justify NOT getting the most beautiful handbag I had ever seen, especially after what my CHILDREN GOT ME FOR CHRISTMAS. So it is mine. And it is beautiful. And I shall love it forever. Merry Christmas Hot River Mama.


(I wish I were better at taking pictures because this one doesn't nearly show how marvelous the bag really is. Maybe tomorrow I'll have a photo shoot with it and post the pics. Right now I have to go help Hot Jeff hang our new mirror. Yes, I did find the perfect mirror but it's purchase paled in comparison to the bag.)

3 comments:

Bex said...

This is awesome! I love this post and I love the bag! Well done. :-)

Dena said...

oooo, how i love a good bag. and i could completely relate to it calling out to you, that happens to me ALL THE TIME! and your hot jeff sounds a lot like my sweetie, can't believe you just went there on your blog! :o)

Heather said...

ha ha Jen, good for you! Every woman DESERVES to have a great handbag. Bet you didn't know that I was the handbags manager at various Nordstrom's for 10 years. I have a closet full of AMAZING handbags that I mostly got for free. I have been very sad since leaving Nordstrom to be a poor stay at home mommy. (poor in money, rich in sweet little boy Easton) How delighted I was the week before Christmas to receive a box in the mail from one of my best friends in the world who just so happens to be the national handbag buyer for Nordstrom (she moved to Seattle). Well, I'll just tell you...this box contained not one but two very beautiful handbags from my friend. I was so excited!

By the way, I love your new handbag! Enjoy it!