Sunday, January 31, 2010

Praying For Your Kids Monday
Integrity

I'm not gonna lie friends...I was crawling in to bed when I remembered I hadn't written PYKM for this week. I had thought about it earlier in the evening but got caught up in other things and now its sniffing 11:00 and I'm trying to be more disciplined about not staying up too late and I'm tired and this sentence is a run-on now but all of this to say is I need to go to bed so I'm just going to put a quick thought and a prayer down. You have homework this week: find a good scripture to correlate with our topic and leave it in the comments for others to ponder and memorize.

This week we are praying for our children's integrity. Our retreat speaker last weekend defined integrity as what you say and do on the outside matching up with what you believe on the inside. Isn't that wonderfully simplified?

I've thought about this a lot this week; I long to be a godly model to Samuel and Emily of integrity but as with all things, they need the Holy Spirit's help, guidance and outpouring. It is never too early to pray for kids to have integrity!

Lord, I thank You that You listen to my prayers whether they are eloquent or whispered in a sleepy daze. Thank You for loving _________ so much that You are already working in her heart to grow her to be a woman who longs after You. I pray that as she grows she will have the desire to live her life true to what she believes; I bless her with integrity. I bless her with courage. Thank You for __________. Amen.

No comments: