Sunday, January 10, 2010

Praying for Your Kids Monday
Contentment

The kids and I are in Montana getting our Nana on and so I am totally being a lazy slacker and stealing a prayer for this week. It comes from one of my favorite books, While They Were Sleeping by Anne Arkins and Gary Harrell (and the reason I can use it is because my Mom has a copy that she prays for her grandchildren).

It is on the topic of contentment and if you don't think your kids need it then pray it for yourself because if you're anything like me than you could use a little more contentment.

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord" (Psalm 27: 13-14).

Lord, teach _________ to have that contentment that hopes in You. Give her the assurance that leads to inner peace, tranquility and contentment. Amen.

No comments: