Monday, May 3, 2010

Living With Confidence in a Chaotic World Book Review

I wish I could give this book a higher rating but I just found it a little boring and dry. Technically, I thought it was well-written and relevent to Christ followers but it took me forever to get into. While it isn't necessarily a difficult read, I personally found it difficult to get into thus I found it challenging to pick up and actually finish. I believe that's more of a personal preference issue than an actual book issue.

The author does a good job of incorporating scripture into his chapters, which are broken up clearly with what I would call "advice tabs" for easy reference later. Chapter issues include "Staying Compassionate", "Staying Committed", "Staying Connected" and "Staying Centered".
Again, I was grateful the author backed up his beliefs and advice with God's Word and I think his advice was sound and in accordance with Scripture.

I will admit, I haven't read Dr. Jeremiah's prequel book, "What in the World is Going On?" but am under the impression they do not hinge on one another. Dr. Jeremiah has a radio show and if you are a fan of that then most likely you would enjoy the teaching style of this book; it didn't do it for me though.

No comments: