Friday, May 7, 2010

Potty Training--WWSVD?

I'm wondering what Slutty Vixen would do.

Nana sent Roo some Big Girl Panties and so yesterday afternoon after her nap I put them on Roo to let her see how they felt. She's been going potty in the potty before bath times so I know she's not completely clueless on how the whole panty-diaper thing works. She also shows one of those old Gigi-says-she's-ready signs of going and "hiding" to do her #2 bid-ness.

And although I didn't expect her to actually potty train TONIGHT I didn't expect what happened to happen.

She was doing great. No accidents. Every 10 minutes or so I would ask her if she needed to go pee and she would say 'no'. We had dinner and were in about hour 2 of panty wearing when I told her she was going to need to go potty in 2 minutes. She protested. I set the timer. The timer went off and I went to get her. She protested some more so I said we would all go potty together. Samuel chimed right in, thinking this was the most fun game ever, and grabbed her other hand. The 4 of us started marching in to the potty when Emily stopped, looked me directly in the eye and peed in her panties. With urine dripping down her leg she said, "I go potty in the potty".

What??

What was that all about? I literally have NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING. Samuel potty trained himself. And I mean that. 2 months before his 3rd birthday he walked up to me, handed me the diaper he'd been wearing and said, "I'm done with these". He's been peeing in the potty (and outside) ever since. I can count on one hand how many accidents he's had and that includes night time accidents. This is a new playing field for me.

So what would Slutty Vixen do? I think Slutty Vixen would sign Emily up for one of those potty training classes where they feed the kids juice boxes and doritos all day and if the kids pee on the floor they make them wipe it up themselves. Rumor has it that the kids are potty trained by the end of the 8 hour day. I think Slutty Vixen would take Emily to one of those classes and drink wine slushies out of a Starbucks cup all day. I think Slutty Vixen would also flirt with all the hot dads.

I'll take any advice you have. And if you don't have good advice but instead have a funny scenario of what Slutty Vixen would do, throw that in as well. I could use a good laugh.

5 comments:

Traci Piltz said...

Did Slutty Vixen decide she needed to go with a new, sassier blog background? The black and white polka dots are very cutting edge.

Anonymous said...

put the diper back on and try again in a month.......
that's all i got friend! good luck!
kim

Anonymous said...

that would be diaper......
oops,
kim

Anonymous said...

For my daughters, I bought their favorite character panties and explained that they would not want to mess or stain the panties. Also to get them to sit on the potty long enough to accomplish the "deed" , I would read books to them, or paint their fingernails and toenails. Mostly, I did not let them know how anxious I was for them to be potty trained! =) good luck!

Traci Piltz said...

I took Jonah to Toys R Us and let him pick out the coolest toy in the store, then took it home and put it on the fridge where he couldn't reach it and we started a sticker chart and once he filled it (with no accidents), he got the toy. This was Attempt #2, and it worked. Attempt #1 was frustrating, and we went the Kim Route - put the diaper back on and tried again a month or so later. :)