Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Quick Update and PYKM

Well last week's return to part-time work outside of the home was amazing. The kids did awesome at Melissa's house (although Roo hasn't figured out she still needs to nap even though she's at Melissa's) and I loved being back at Al's office and feeling professional and productive. It will be more of a challenge than I first anticipated trying to balance my household "duties" and work but Hot Jeff has stepped right up and is helping me. He's also quick to remind me that on an evening after I worked laundry and vacuuming is the last thing I need to be thinking about.

I know that my blogging will be more frequent and consistent once I figure out how it all works together. It is still a passion of mine and I feel all "pent up" from not blogging (it is so cathartic for me) but I have to prioritize and make sure the kids feel like when I'm home I'm really present with them. I'm hoping to break my old habit of blogging at night and perhaps blogging on the mornings I don't work. Again, it will all take some juggling, rearranging and retraining. I am really looking forward to this new season in my and my family's life.

Praying for Your Kids Monday
Yahweh Rophe ~ The Lord Who Heals

"The Hebrew word rophe means 'heal', 'cure', 'restore' or 'made whole'. Shortly after his people left Israel for the Promised Land, God revealed Himself as Yahweh Rophe, 'the Lord who heals'. The New Testament reveals Jesus as the Great Physician, the healer of the body and soul, whose miracles point to the kingdom of God."

The name Yahweh Rophe is first revealed in Exodus after Moses has brought Israel through the Red Sea. They had been in the wilderness for 3 days without water when they came upon the waters of Marah. However, the water was bitter and undrinkable until God miraculously made the water sweet.

If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your god and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statues, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you. Exodus 15:26

This is a special reading to me this week as I found myself just telling Hot Jeff 2 nights ago that I was suffering from bitterness in my heart and I felt there was more unforgiveness I was harboring than I even first thought. Being back at the office in which I faced the most hurtful, malicious betrayal and lies ever in my life has surfaced emotions I thought I had pretty much buried 3 years ago. I'm honest with myself enough to know I hadn't forgiven this woman but I had thought I had buried it enough that I wouldn't be bothered anymore.

You'd think my therapy with The Shrink would have taught me better than that.

Anyway, reading this passage tonight has reminded me of my own "bitter water" in my heart and it also answers the question I rhetorically asked Jeff "how do I get rid of it?" Yahweh Rophe not only is the Lord who heals my physical ailments but the ones of my heart as well.

As much as I will try, I will not be able to protect my children from betrayal, pain, rejection and disappointment. I pray that they will go to their Savior for cures and help from physical sickness but that He will also be the first person they turn to when their heart needs healing as well.

"Yahweh Rophe, I bow before You today to acknowledge that You are not only my Creator but the Lord who heals me. Please heal me today, body and soul, and do the same for my loved ones. I pray that You will heal whatever is bitter in our lives, transforming us in ways that glorify You." I pray that You will be present in ____________ life and that she will long for You to be her Redeemer and her Healer. I pray You will protect her heart from bitterness and unforgiveness and give her a sweet tenderness towards Your Spirit of forgiveness. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you as you learn your new juggling act! Thank you for blogging, you don't know how often God works through your words. This post was meant for me. Thank you and God Bless!